Monday, April 28, 2008

a kinda crazy Sunday


Somewhere between these two...
Getting things ready for Sunday is always a little stressful and sometimes it works better than others. This week was not so good in that there was a bunch of reschedueling of children's teachers, helpers, and then random sickness and events piled on top of it. There are 3-4 main things that I'm presently responsible for: children's sunday school (I don't teach this but help line up teachers etc.), explorers (a time of instruction for children during the sermon), teen sunday school (I usually teach this), and nursery (I help recruit new folks for this). So this week, due to pregnancies, travel, and sickness there were seven or so different holes that we had to fill with people. These came up at different points of the week and by Saturday I was somewhere in between trusting God and pulling my hair out. As different needs had come up earlier in the week they were filled and I was thankful to God for providing the people, but as abscences continued to come up Friday night and Saturday it was a little ridiculous. Now as you read this I hope you don't hear me balmming people, all of these reasons as to why people couldn't be there were totally legitimate. (I hear that teaching small children while fighting a nasty stomach bug is not a good idea.) Looking back, I can see that God took care of everything, but we definately need to think through a little more how to handle these situations. It is a lot easier in the moment to do something yourself, but I am seeing the increasing need for training others and developing leaders.

No comments: