Monday, January 5, 2009

back in action

After two weeks sort-of off work and nomral life Hillary and I are getting back into the swing of things. We had a great Christmas as we spent six days up at Hillary's dad's in NY, and then had my parents up for a few days the following week. In NY I was able to go cross-country skiing and take the snowmobile for a short run up and down the driveway. We spent lots of time with Hillary's family and were able to see childhood friends of hers as well. When we got back into town we hit the ground running as we started to strip the wall paper from our future nursery. It has been an arduous process as we had to steam the wall paper off, spackle many holes, and repaint the trim and a built in book shelf. The project is almost done, except for a final coat of paint which I might put on tonight. With seeing family, trying to paint our future nursery, and me preaching two Sundays of the past three life has felt somewhat out of control. I'm excited for 2009, but I feel like I need to collect myself after a few scattered weeks.
Here are some of the things I'm looking forward to: (in no particular order) -having a child, building a min-rock climbing wall in our garage, spending time with family, seeing our church grow in Christ, taking teenagers on a spring retreat, going snow boarding, reading and learning, our new couch, knowing God better, being married to Hillary, and getting our house in order.

No comments: