Monday, October 29, 2007

kayaking, sleep over, and pad thai


We have had a full but fun weekend. This is world awareness month at our church here in CT and there have been various events to help us look beyond ourselves. It all culminated this weekend with an international dinner, where people make food highlighting their heritage or ethnic background. It was a lot of fun and I made Pad Thai. No, I don't have any Thai heritage but thought people should be aware of wonderful Thai food. It took me longer to prepare than I expected so I made us late for the dinner, but it worked out. After the dinner some of the teenagers from church came over our house to watch a movie and sleep over. It was fun having people here. We worked really hard this past week to paint the dinning room and half-bath. (I'll try to post some pictures soon.) In addition to all this fun stuff I got to go kayaking for the first time. This picture isn't actually of us (my friend Mark and I) but gives you a good idea. It was a scenic river that had beautiful stretches but was only about a 25 minute drive. There were some really cool rapids (I got capsized at the end) and we had such a great time. Overall we are doing well here in CT and are slowly adjusting to life in a new place. It will be better when we are more connected to friends here and have the house together, but it is going well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....pad thai!

I'm glad things are going well for you two!

Miss ya around here, Hillary!

Marie