Monday, June 9, 2008

Vacation and a jump into the river

For about 6 days Hillary and I traveled with her Dad to see Hillary's sitester and her family in Columbia, SC. We had a fun time. Here are some of the highlights:
-Vaughn and Aquilla telling silly jokes: "Knock knock. Who's there? Banana. Banana who? Bannana Peanutbutter. Hahahaha (girls laughing and then retelling the joke substituing just about anything for the punch line).
-Visiting the art Museuem in Columbia
-Jarrett took Vaughn rock climbing and she liked it
-Holding Blaize, Lydia and Chris's newest child (~6months)
-going out for ice cream
-overall, spending time together

Jumping into a river: That is what it feels like coming back into town. There is this flow of events and activities rushing towards June and we feel like coming back we have hopped in and are being carried along in the current. There is a mix of anxiety and excitement as we head into two weeks full of good but challenging things. I've written about most of this in our most recent news letter, so if you haven't gotten that and are interested, let me know. The main thing I didn't mention is that I am preaching this Sunday. This is exciting but adds a lot to my week. Pray for Hillary and I as we try to navigate the next two weeks.

No comments: