Monday, November 10, 2008

eating our way through the day

This past weekend we were visiting EPC, the church I went to while I was a student at the University of Delaware. Hillary and I were participating in the missions conference, sharing about our ministry in CT. It was a great time as I caught up with many that I hadn't seen in a while and was able to introduce Hillary to them. Furthermore, they had guests from Chile and Northern Mexico who described God's work in these areas. I had fun using my broken Spanish to communicate with a couple serving in Saltillo Mexico and was encouraged through my interactions with these different people. We stayed with a family that I knew while I was a student and were pampered by their wonderful hospitality. They continued to bring us snacks, and ask if we would like some tea. Between these treats, sharing meals as part of the conference, and getting together with some other friends over coffee, Hillary remarked "it seems like we are eating our way through the day." We drove back this afternoon and are glad to be back in town.

No comments: