Wednesday, August 11, 2010

God cares about me and my cell phone

When I can't find my cell phone charger I go through the various rooms of our house flipping the lights on and looking at all of the outlets to see where I most recently plugged it in. After I've looked at the outlet behind the couch, under the living room chair, and the few other odd places it might be and still can't find it, I start to pray. Monday night I was on my knees peering under our coffee table looking for the charger and when I couldn't find it I figured that I would ask God for help while I was on my knees. I got up afterwards and as I was headed to look elsewhere I remembered a CD that I wanted to grab from the stereo. As I looked for it, I found my charger sitting on top of the CD player and thanked God. This may seem coincidental but this process of searching, praying, and finding regularly repeats itself with my cell phone charger and other objects that I misplace (Mp3 player, watch, blue-tooth etc). It amazes me that Jesus came to this earth and suffered so that I could be in relationship with God and come to him about these things I keep misplacing. Wow.

No comments: