Monday, August 2, 2010

Time outside

The past few days it has been cooler and it has been wonderful to be outside. We had family friends in town and visited Elizabeth Park (beautiful gardens) and Hillstead (a house/museum with sprawling grounds). We had a wonderful time together and being out and about inspired me to spend more time outside this week. So today I went by Hillstead after a meeting and was able to read, write, and pray while sitting under the shade of an old tree. In the midst of the summer heat I can forget the enjoyment, creativity, and energized thinking I experience when I work outside. Even listening to NPR this morning as I drove to work there was a report about companies incorporating gardens into the landscapes of their campuses and the beneficial effect on workers. This is something good to think about.
Wesley is continuing to grow up and is looking more and more like a little boy. He is no longer a baby. This is somewhat sad at points, but I like kids more than babies and it is all part of the process. We are having lots of fun together and look forward to my mom coming up this weekend. We continue to have fuller weekends and slower weeks and this is a nice change for the summer.

No comments: