Thursday, August 16, 2007

public transport makes me work

So, I went to Chicago last week via megabus, which is a pretty cool set up. The tickets are cheap and they only run between major cities so it goes quickly and there aren't all these stops on the way. Chicago is a neat city. I had fun walking around just checking out downtown and wandering a little to far. I was meeting a friend out in the suburbs for a leadership conference run by Willow Creek church. To make my train I booked it for about a mile in flip flops with my backpacking pack on. By the end I was tired and sweaty, but made my train on time. We cam into Chicago a day or so later and we ended up running that same distance to catch a train and again I was in flip flops, but this time had recently eaten some deep dish Chicago pizza - yikes.
The conference was pretty good. There were the usual ups and downs of stuff I liked and didn't but it was good for me to be there. I'll have to write more about it when I have more time.
We are putting an offer on a house presently and are moving back our time table for CT to mid-September. I'll post tomorrow with some more info but have presently been at the library too long and need to go make dinner.

No comments: