Wednesday, August 29, 2007

wall paper central

My mom and I drove up from PA to Hartford, CT for our home inspection and it went well (our home is "above average" for its age, according to Tom King our stellar inspector).
It was a lot of fun to see the house and there is great potential. There is so much cool stuff we could potentially do with the house and my mind is kinda swimming in the various details. The one funny thing (or maybe not so funny) is the amount of wall paper we will need to take down. This stairwell, which goes from the 1st to 2nd floor gives you a good idea of the extent of the wallpapering. Fortunately it is not terriblly ugly or audacious.
The house my parents moved into when I was 5 had wall paper that was ~4 layers deep with exciting themes sucha as hunting dogs, shiny metal florals (don't even try to image it), and roses. A killer combination if you ask me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.