Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"you got to pray just to make it today"

Thank you MC Hammer, for the thoughtful lyrics which describe our state of affairs. I hope this isn't super cheesy but as I sat here those words came to mind.
I (jarrett) really want things (housing especially, but also fundraisng and moving) to settle down and be done with. This is probably obvious but I feel stretched and struggling not to"check out" emotionally.
I tend to disengage when I begin to feel anxious and worried. While this may make for a more placid exterior and a more distant sense of fear, it is not a solution and avoids entrusting myself to God. So here we go...

Hebrews 4:14-16
Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

No comments: