Tuesday, September 9, 2008

exploding plate

Sometimes as I'm thinking about life, certain images will come to mind. It has been a busy few weeks as I've been getting into the fall with youth and children's stuff starting up. I was thinking, oh man, my plate is full. But as I was thinking about it, I thought, "My plate is more than full, it is bursting!" Sometimes it adds up and it can weigh down on me, but so much of it is my attitude. When things get overwhelming inside my head I can get discouraged pretty easily. But as I was thinking about it, God never told me life would be easy. Actually, Jesus talks a lot about suffering and remaining steadfast despite difficulty. It is amazing how a small shift in my thinking makes me feel so different. So, even if my plate is exploding at points, I can still have joy. I can still love the people around. I can still move forward and be faithful in the things God has called me to. Knowing that there is a loving, wise, and strong God behind the various circumstances and exploding plates makes life workable

No comments: