Monday, September 29, 2008

one for now, maybe both ends later

So I was thinking about the expression, of burning the candle at both ends and I'm not there yet but I might be by the end of the week. I'm preaching this Sunday, which isn't normal, so I'm excited, but definitely feeling the time crunch. As I woke up this morning, I was thinking about needing to write a sermon between now and Sunday and before I got overwhelmed, I remembered that God cares. I know that sounds pretty simple, but if God cares about his people and preaching is an important thing in caring for them and strengthening faith he'll take care of me. This doesn't mean that I am going to slack off or something, but that the responsibility of it all doesn't rest on my shoulders. Jesus said to the weary and heavy laden that we should take his yoke upon him and learn from him because he is gentle and lowly in heart and under him we will find rest for our souls. This is a wonderful promise and something that I need to hold onto.

No comments: