Monday, October 13, 2008

working and resting

This past week Hillary and I had a good time as we traveled to Washington DC to visit a childhood friend. We've known each other since kindergarten and were born on the 26th and 27th of November. It was enjoyable being away and DC is a pretty cool town. We went to various Smithsonian museums, checked out the Zoo, and some national monuments, and overall got to see a lot. Two things which I'll highlight are a video, called The Way Things Go, and this piece made up of coat hangers, which were both at the Hershorn Museum. While it was fun being away I had a hard time relaxing as I was thinking about the stuff I needed to do when I got back, but being back, it has all worked out. There is a lot of freedom and peace that I could have experienced by trusting God. Our trip back was a little crazy as it involved 3car rides, 1 bus, 3subways and two trains. I've got a little cold but am getting better. Before we left I preached on Sunday and that went well. It is a great privilege and a joy to do so. If you are interested in listening follow the link to our church's website.

No comments: