Monday, October 27, 2008

pregnancy, rappelling, excitement

This has been an exciting week for us. Hillary and I went public with being pregnant and got all sorts of great responses. In case you haven't heard she is in week 13 and is doing well overall. There nausea, which sadly is not limited to the morning. Thus, there are good days, bad days, and plenty of ones in between. It is a challenge to love each other and respond well through quickly changing circumstances.
Another fun part of this week was taking some teenage guys from church and teaching some outdoor skills, one of which was rappelling. All three of them took the leap and safely descended. I love to share this kind of stuff with others.
Lastly, this was my first Sunday serving communion and leading worship, all of which was pretty cool. At some points it was a little difficult to connect with what I was doing, because I was trying to remember the various things I needed to say, as well as not drop the commuion plate or something like that. It turned out well though, and I am looking forward to being regularly involved in those aspects of public worship.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Congratulations !! I'm so happy for you !

puddinghead said...

Thanks!