Monday, March 9, 2009

the embarassment begins

From what I hear your child tends to embarrass you. Maybe it is through throwing a tantrum at the grocery store or repeating something you regret saying, but our first born is off to a quick start. This Saturday we had our first baby shower in NJ with my side of the family. We got to hang out with my sister and her family for Thursday afternoon and Friday, then everyone came over on Saturday. We got lots of great stuff (Hillary could give you more details), but as presents were unwrapped my aunt took all the bows and ribbons and attached them to a paper plate to make a hat. I think this is some sort of tradition at bridal or baby showers, but my understanding is that Hillary should have ended up with the hat. My family thought it would be more appropriate, however, if I wore the hat and Hillary readily agreed. Thus, many pictures and silly comments, especially from my sister, as I don a hat of bows and ribbons. In the background I still hear my sister, "Do it for the baby - hahahahahaha." I know that this is only the beginning...

No comments: