Monday, March 16, 2009

Francis of Asissi

While this painting doesn't look to cheery, Francis of Assisi seems like an interesting guy. I read a short biography a few years ago and as I was working on my sermon for church this Sunday I remembered a quote of his. It goes like this
"While I was in sin it seemed too bitter a thing for me to see lepers. But the Lord himself led me among them, and I showed compassion to them. And when I left them, what at first seemed so bitter to me was changed into sweetness of body and soul."
This is a wonderful picture of what God can do in and through us. God has definitely provided for us as we're in the final stretch of three very busy weeks. We've completed two baby showers and head to Cape Cod for a Youth Retreat this weekend. I was able to get my sermon for this Sunday generally done before Hillary' sister came into town, so I was able to play with her girls and help get ready for the shower. It is great when it works out that way.

No comments: