Monday, August 31, 2009

recippe round up, missing technology

About three weeks ago Hillary and I started to go through all the recipees that she had cut out and saved from various magazines, friends, family, and other sources. We threw out 2/3 of what we started with because we already had a good recippee for that dish, seemed too complicated, expensive, or just weren't interesting. Weeding through the recipees has left us with a manageable stack of recipees that we are working our way through. It has been fun to try a new recippe or two each week. A favorite was double corn polenta with tortialla encrusted chicken.
This is my mp3 player, which I had been missing since our trip to the White Mountains in mid-July. I carry my mp3 player and blue tooth with me, almost wherever I go and thus put them in differnt bags, pants, cars, old shoes and various other places. This means that about every other month I am missing on of these for a few days. I try my best to put them back in the same place each time, and it works 90% of the time. The other 10% is when I am wondering if I lost it and asking God that it would turn up. So far, God keeps bringing my technology back to me as I find it in interesting locations. These locations make sense when I put the device there, but are very difficult to find after a few days, weeks, or sometimes only hours, pass by. One of the favorite things about my mp3 player is listening to lectures and sermons. I spend a good ammount of time in the car and one of radio's works sporadically so drives can get tedious when the mp3 player is missing. Fortunately it has found its way home and we are one big happy family again.

No comments: