Monday, September 21, 2009

Newark, teaching, and a baby on the move

While Newark, NJ might not have the hottest reputation around I had a great time there. We stayed at an old school built in the 20's which is now owned by World Impact - a Christian ministry to the urban poor. I was there to be part of the Newark School of Prayer and Evangelism which ran Saturday through Friday. I was only there three days, during which there was prayer and teaching in the morning, and then in the afternoon or evening to talk with people about Jesus. One of the highlights was spending time with some older guys in their late 70's who walk very closely with God. Just being around men like that is always exciting and challenging.
After getting back from Newark, it has been a full week as I've had a lot of teaching opportunities before me. In the course of two weeks I'll have taught a teen bible study, led two family worship seminars, taught at college outreach event, spoken at two chapel services at a local Christian school and baptized our first child. This is the sort of stuff I love to do, so it isn't overwhelming - yet. Finally, Wesley is on his way to crawling. We put him on one side of a blanket the other night and he made his way to toys on the other side. This was exciting and a little scary because I'm not ready for a mobile child yet.

No comments: