Friday, July 6, 2007

internet malfeasance and fun on the 4th

I am trying to rent a car through enterprise, but the library I am at never allows me to get to the enterprise website. I'm not sure if it is part of secret plot where the U. City Library is in kahootz with Hertz or Budget rental car companies, but I am considering these other companies since I can't manage to get to Enterprise's site. Hopefully I can access one of those or we may need to pursue other alternatives -->
Despite my travails at the library life has been going well. The fourth of July was fun: we took a ride in a friends Mini Cooper (pictures forthcoming) and Hillary was ecstatic. She loves Mini Coopers and called her Dad tuesday night to tell him and woke him up with her call. He thought something might be wrong because she was agitated, talking fast, and occasionally screaming but she was just excited. On the 4th we also went to a BBQ at a friend's house and then saw Cindy Loper (not sure how to spell her name) perform down by the Arch. I was surprised by how much of a musician she was - I had just assumed she was an 80's rocker with a medium amount of talent, but I was wrong. The fireworks after the concert were spectacular and we got free Mentos as we walked to the Metro.

This week has been pretty full with work and fundraising stuff, but various plans are coming together. Today we should get our brochures - which are pretty cool - and Sunday night we have our first gathering of people to talk about our vision for ministry in Hartford and our needs for going there. Pray for Hillary and I for Sunday night and as we do lots of administrative mailing and phone call type stuff - that we could connect to people.

-J

No comments: